Senior Network Engineer
|Area||Surrey, South East|
|Skill||IT Support & Infrastructure - VMware|
|Salary||£40000 - £45000 per annum|
Role: Senior Network Engineer
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
I'm currently on the lookout for a Senior Network Engineer that has experience Designing Networks.
The successful Candidates will:
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be eligible to Achieve SC Clearance
- Demonstrate advanced problem-solving capabilities.
- Demonstrate competence in the configuration and support of primary vendor (Cisco) network equipment.
- Have relevant experience Designing and implementing Networks
Day to day duties of the role:
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level 2 & 3 Support/Troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company's security team
- Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade corporate customer's networks and in house servers
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications
- Support and administer third-party applications
- Ensure network security and connectivity
- Monitor network performance and test for weaknesses
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Resolve problems reported by end user
- Define network policies and procedures
- Specify system requirements and design solutions
- Research and make recommendations on server system administration
- Design and install well-functioning computer networks, connections and cabling
- Perform troubleshooting to system failures and identify bottlenecks to ensure long term efficiency of network
- Inspect LAN infrastructure and fix minor or major problems/bugs
- Test and configure software and maintain and repair hardware and peripheral devices
- Evaluate network performance and find ways of improvement
- Organise and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their own work
- Do regular data backups to protect the organisation's information
- Provide technical direction to co-workers on computer and network usage and offer comprehensive advice and instructions
GCS Computer Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.